In these session Fig Taylor gave a talk,the talk was about building a professional portfolio.Specifically,the portfolio is the key when your at uni. She also mentioned that a distinctive style is the key when you become a Illustrator.When you become a Graphic Designer you don’t need a specific style as I didn’t know that.Also,when you become a Graphic Designer you could have 2-3 styles.There is lots of work when you become a Practitioner. The ideas need to be distinctive and eye-catching and need to communicate the right message.
What is a good Portfolio?-This is which Fig Taylor said!
- There shouldn’t be any blank page
- The pages need to be mounted nicely
- Finished Illustration or Graphic Work
- Art work needs to be clean
- Take out things which aren’t my best work
- things that are unenjoyable
- things that are undeliverable
- Put good text in
- Put relevant work in
- Chronological order
- Protect my work
- Pay attention to the background
- use common sense and mount on white background
- mount professionally
To be honest,I think I knew’d some of these things before but now I know what to do for my book.I know that I have to present it nicely and this is which I have learnt from Fig.Also, I know that I need to take some of my least best work out and put the good work in.
I have learnt how to work with In Design and my action plan is to produce a book very professionally and relevant.I need to decide how to put everything in Chronologic order so this is my small plan.